If you have been injured due to someone else’s negligence, you may be wondering whether it is worth it to hire a personal injury lawyer. The answer, in most cases, is yes. Personal injury lawyers have the experience and knowledge necessary to help you get the compensation you deserve for your injuries and losses.
Here are some important reasons why you should hire a personal injury lawyer if you are injured in Massachusetts:
1. Personal injury lawyers can help you understand your rights and options.
After an accident, it is important to understand your legal rights and options. A personal injury lawyer can explain the law to you and help you determine whether you have a valid claim. They can also help you understand your options for pursuing compensation, such as filing a claim with insurance or filing a lawsuit.
2. Personal injury lawyers can help you investigate your accident and gather evidence.
One of the most important steps in any personal injury case is investigating the accident and gathering evidence. This can include things like getting a copy of the police report, talking to witnesses, and taking photos of the accident scene. A personal injury lawyer has the resources and experience to conduct a thorough investigation and gather the evidence you need to support your claim.
3. Personal injury lawyers can negotiate with insurance companies on your behalf.
Insurance companies are often reluctant to pay out on personal injury claims, and they will often try to lowball victims. Insurance adjusters are professional negotiators. It is their job to payout the least amount possible. You need an experienced, skilled negotiator on your side to level the playing field. Our personal injury lawyers knows how to negotiate with insurance companies. Massachusetts insurance adjusters know the lawyers who have extensive trial experience in the court room (most TV lawyers don’t) and can get you the compensation you need to heal from your physical and mental injuries.
4. Personal injury lawyers can represent you in court if necessary.
If you are unable to reach a settlement with the insurance company, you may need to file a lawsuit. Our seasoned trial attorneys have decades of experience battling in Massachusetts courts for our clients. We can represent you in court and fight for your rights. We are at home in the courtroom.
5. Personal injury lawyers work on a contingency fee basis.
This means that you do not have to pay your lawyer anything upfront. Your lawyer will only get paid if they are successful in recovering compensation for you.
In addition to the above benefits, hiring a personal injury lawyer can also give you peace of mind. Knowing that you have a qualified lawyer on your side can allow you to focus on recovering from your injuries without having to worry about the legal aspects of your case.
Here are some specific examples of how a personal injury lawyer can help you in Massachusetts:
- If you have been injured in a car accident, a personal injury lawyer can help you file a claim with the at-fault driver’s insurance company. They can also help you negotiate a settlement or represent you in court if necessary.
- If you have been injured in a slip-and-fall accident on someone else’s property, a personal injury lawyer can help you file a premises liability claim. They can also help you investigate the accident and gather evidence to support your claim.
- If you have been injured by a defective product, a product liability lawyer can help you file a claim against the manufacturer or seller of the product. They can also help you investigate the accident and gather evidence to support your claim.
- If you have been injured in a medical malpractice case, a medical malpractice lawyer can help you file a claim against the doctor, hospital, or other healthcare provider who was responsible for your injuries. They can also help you investigate the accident and gather evidence to support your claim.
If you have been injured in Massachusetts, it is important to contact a personal injury lawyer as soon as possible. A qualified lawyer can help you understand your rights and options, investigate your accident, gather evidence, negotiate with insurance companies, and represent you in court if necessary. Here at Louison, Costello, Condon, & Pfaff our experienced trial attorneys are here to help and defend you and your family. If we can be of service please call and talk to an attorney today at (617) 439-0305.